cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Group Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have mistakenly deleted an Item Group with code '100'.

Now, i want to revert back this action or I want to open an Item Group with code '100'.

Is it possible or not? Kindly help in this regard

Regards

Nabeel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for your valuable comments.

The reason why I want to open an Item Group code '100' is that when I connect Fixed Assets Add On it shows an error 'Fixed Assets Initiliazation Failed'. I searched about this problem in forum and found that the problem was of Item Group Code '100' becauase FA Add On requires a default Item Group '100' to initiate.

@Ivy Zhang

How to access SAP Portal and log this problem to SAP Team. Kindly help in this regard

Regards

Nabeel

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

If you are our end user, please report this issue to your partner who provide support to you.

They can log on SAP portal and report the issue to SAP.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

Please find is there is any change can be done in the fixed asset module if it was hardcoded in that add-on.

if you have access to change the fixed asset group code as 100 to some other number like 105 then i think that you can change it by creating a new item group and map the same in the fixed asset on to the newly created itemgroup number.

Kindly reply me

Regards

chidambaram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

new item group will not have item group code 100 because you have deleted it. Although you add new item group but you can only have same item group name with deleted item group.

to have the same item group code, you can update through transact SQL but the user have to log out first. Do not forget to search the history table of the item group so that the change log of item group is updated. Do this in the testing server before production.

Other solution is to submit a ticket to SAP support.

Rgds,

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel Younus,

To get item group 100 back, you have to update data from SQL.

I kindly suggest you to log a message on SAP portal and we will help you do it.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel

When you add the group again, the next available number will be assigned automatically. Do you have queries, etc. that are relying on the 100 number?

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

The item group code is the internal key not displayed by default. You can only edit its name. This code is assigned by system with non reversible way.

Thanks,

Gordon