cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfer Balnce from Investment Account to Equity Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1. I have a wrong balance in my Investment Account. I want to transfer it to Equity Account. I post on Entry at Posting Level 10 by Credit Investment Account (Movement Type 125), and Debit Equity Account (Movement Type 139). I get Error in validation for this amount that

"Variance between investment data and totals data"

Diagnosis:

An entry in the totals database exists for investee unit(s) 082, item 30001038, and subassignments Investee (Company) 0082/ Movement Type 125/ Prof (with balance 951,999.15- USD), but there are no matching entries in the investment data.

Any Suggestion, how to carry out this corrections?

Thanks in advance,

Ashwin Nagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error indicates that there is a setting on the validation task to check that investment AFD is in agreement with the totals records.

If the location of values for investments is set to totals, the setting for the validation task is not relevant and must be removed.

If the location of values for investments is set to AFD, then a corresponding AFD entry is missing for the investment. The AFD entry should mirror the totals activity for the investment account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan thanks for your quick reply,

You are right, we have such validation. The location of values for investments is set to AFD.

Could you guide me what additonal AFD entry I have to make for the investment to get this error removed, so that the AFD entry could mirror the totals activity for the investment account.

regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a wrong balance in my Investment Account. I want to transfer it to Equity Account.

Sorry, Ashwin. It sounds somewhat strange for me. I do not think, it's a proper decision from the business point of view.

Amount on investment account do not have to be equal to the equity of the acquired company. That's why a goodwill appears.

The error you encountered, most likely, arised because of work of special items.

If, anyway, you want to make such entries, you'd better consider the additional fin data load for either investments or equity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The entry has already been passed, and hence the validation error.

Now to remove Error, coul dyou guide me what AFD I should pass and where?

Regards,

Ashwin

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be a task for AFD entry, or it may be part of the primary data collection task if more than one method is assigned to this task.

The AFD entry for investment should be for the same values as in the totals records (posting levels 00, 01 and 10).