Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email message customization ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Somebody knows where/how can I customize the message of emails sent by SRM ? I live in mexico, so the "spanish" used is most similar to Spain than Mexico.

I would like to customize these texts (email).

Do you know how ?

Kind regards !

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Another way is to modify or copy the standard program RSWMUFLEC that generates the HTML code of the emails from the Work Items.

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks for your help folks ! I have to say that im impressed about your knowledge, how can You know all those details .. je.je

Ill try it and let you know 😃

Regards,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have 2 questions about this:

1. WF guys doesnt know how to identify the standard task that is sending the email. With this activity, we could modify the text of the email message, Is it right ?

Could you give me a hint about how to identify the standard task ?

2. If I want to modify the appearence of the email message (html), Shoul I modify RSWUWFMLEC ? For example: I want to hide some links, change some text, etc.

Thanks !!!!

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo,

1. You cannot modify the task specific text in the RSWUWFMLEC program.

2. U can modify the global general text using in the RSWUWFMLEC program.

3. or u can schedule this program for each task with variant of texts specific to that task. But, you will have to manage many job. Still, you can not use container variable in the texts.

4. Identify the standard task that is sending the email is easy. Go to PFTC_DIS, select WS* workflow and drill down to get the task number of background which send the email, then use the PFTC_chg to change the TS* text.

Regards,

Jay

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody,

Sometimes I would like to be able to assign 10 points to everybody. Thanks so much for your help, now everything is working fine (with my text customizations).

Kind regards,

-diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

After I couple of months I came back to this thread.

I have been trying to find the task you mentioned but without success.. =(

My problem is: I have activated WS14000089 for BUS2201 (Purchase Order). So, when a PO is created and authorized, SRM sends an email to the vendor.

The vendor receive a very plan text with:

- Mail's subject: Purchase Order:X Date: Y

- Mail's body: Purchase Order: X with an PDF attachament

So, I need to "enhance" the body of the message with some custom legends.

pd: As you can see the program "RSWUWFMLEC" is not useful for me =(

Could you give me any help with this ?

Thank you !!!

Regards,

Diego

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did you see my message ? I would appreciate any help about this.

Thank you

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego. I think I may have had a similar problem to yours and corrected it as follows:

1) Create a copy of CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP.

2) Modify method PROCESS_BBP_PO_MAI within it. The internal table that contains the body text is: lt_objtxt.

3) Went to SPRO->SRM Server->Cross Application Basic Settings->Set Output Actions and Output Format->Define Actions for Purchase Order Output

4) Selected BBP_PD_PO and double clicked Action Definition and Processing Types.

5) Highlighted Smart Forms Mail and clicked Set Processing button.

6) Inserted the copy of CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP created before in Processing Class.

All new PO's created then used my bespoke class and method and had the email output desired.

Hopefully you can apply my solution to your problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

if you are talking about the Email that are send from the bidding engine, you can copy the standard smartform BBP_BIDINV_BID (transaction smartforms )to your own smartfrom (e.g. ZBBP_BIDINV_BID) and change the text inside the smartform.

Best regards,

Olaf

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Mails in SRM can come from dialog workitem or notification in sap office. Text from both are defined in standard task. You can overwrite them with customer definition:

Transaction pftc_disp (display) , you can redefine the the worktiem text and the task description.

To identify wich task are used, go through the workflow builder.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some mail notifications are also generated from Smartforms (like in Bidding Engine).

Christophe