cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS Task execution tracking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding tracking task execution in BI-BCS.

My client has a large structure of more than 100 companies. They all use BCS solution on BI7 to load data, perform reclassifications, validations, balance carry forward, sign-offs, etc... during each reporting cycle.

As time during reporting cycles is crucial, the Group reporting team would like know the progress - they would like to track how many companies executed each task:

- how many loaded data,

- how many run reclasses, etc...

Does BCS have any mechanism to provide these statictics? If not, maybe it's possible to build report (either BEx or ABAP program), but where the tasks statuses are stored? Any idea what's the table name where status of each item from task hierarchy is stored?

Kind regards,

Roman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Thanks a lot for your contribution. We have developed BCS status reporting based on Virtual Provider. Let me quickly summarise the process as it may be useful for other projects:

- BCS stores task status in set of tables. The best way to get there is the transaction UC01. Execute 'Display Generated Objects for Consolidation Area'. You will most likely don't see descriptions - if that's the case execute UC_AREA_GEN_LIST.

- the best element to analyse is a view 'VIEW Cons Units: Task Status'. The table technical name will be different for each project as it is based on client number and consolidation area (/1SEM/UCSxxxyyV0 - where xxx is client no; yy is consolodation area).

- then we have built a Virtual Provider with Function Module to access this view and provide data for BEx reports.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Kind regards,

Roman

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Eugene has offered, I believe I recall some means of reporting on task status.

If you search the forum you should find threads relating to this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman and welcome to SDN!

In case of such question, I presume that every company enters its own data on place.

Then, the consolidation monitor will show you the status of fulfillment of separate tasks in the particular entities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Many thanks for your reply!

Yes, every company enters its own data, runs tasks through Consolidation monitor. And the status of each task is displayed for this particular company.

However, as a Group controller, I would like to see the summarized progress report from all companies. Example - let's assume we have 108 companies in total. The report should show number of companies that executed each task:

Tasks: | Company count

-

|----

Task 1 | 90

Task 2 | 40

Task 3 | 39

or precentages (eg. 80% of companies executed task 1, 35% executed task 2...)

or another way - BEx report with drilldown by company code per each task:

Tasks: | Company

-

|----

Task 1 | 3001

Task 1 | 3001

Task 3 | 3001

or anything else that would summarize where are we in terms of data preparation in current reporting cycle.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

AFAIK, there is no ready to use means to get what you want. The idea is to use ABAP by creating reports from the tables containing the status data. Some more details you may find in this forum's threads.