Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Report texts

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a report and when creating Text Elements, it doesnt ask me for a transport order.

In the object list of the transport order I have my report (as program) and no separate object for report texts.

Why is that?

Are the report texts transported anyway?

Thanks in advance,

MaryM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Texts will be saved under the same TR u r using for your report.

Check the objects in your TR .

With Regards,

Dwarakanath.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a R3TR PROG entry in the TR then automatically text elements will be transported. If it is not present then manually enter LIMU REPT <PROGRAM NAME> to transport the text elements.

Thanks & Regards,

Navneeth K.

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have created a new report then texts are also transported with same request and will not ask again for request.

if you are modifying existing report then it will ask request for texts also.then you have to save them in requets and transport.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a new program, a transport object R3TR PROG <name> is being inserted into the transport request. This includes the program code and all subobjects, also the report texts.

Only when changing an existing program later on, the texts will be transported with a separate LIMU REPT <name> object.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a report for the first time the

report source code (REPS) and

report text (REPT) are combined into a single entity

called program and are transported together. Thats why it wont ask you for a TR.

If you release this TR and try to change it again it will ask TR for both report text and report source code.

Regards,

Pramod

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it a Fresh program..? or a change Request program.

if it is a fresh program then it won't ask you again . it asks at the first time when you are creating the program. All the objects will be placed under the same TR check it once.

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

I have new report (PROG), it's all clear.

MaryM

former_member15255
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

First check in the Request no of the report , wheather Report text has been saved, if it is then it would have been shown separately as Report Text , if not go to se03 and check for the same wheather it has been saved in any of the Request Nos or in local objects. Incase of local object you will have to change the directory entry and select the rite package after that it would ask for request no. in which it has to be saved

regards

Suresh Nair