cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Crystal 2008 reports compatible with runtime version XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our software incorporates Crystal runtime version XI. We advise clients to purchase Crystal XI if they wish to modify our report templates.

A number of clients have complained that Crystal XI is no longer available to buy.

My query is that if we recommend Crystal 2008 and the clients modify their templates (basic reformatting edits), will these revised templates work in our application?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, no, it won't work. While Crystal 2008 is backward compatible with Crystal XI, I don't believe the reverse is true.

That said, it's probably best to post this in the Crystal forums [here|/community [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

I was wondering if you could arrive at some conclusion regarding making an application (that works in Crystal XI) work with Crystal 2008. The product I am working on, works fine with Crystal XI. But now for cleints that have Crystal 2008, I was wondering what would be the best bet to make that application compatiable? Certainly we do not want to have two seperate application coded separatly for Crystal XI and Crystal 2008.

I will appreciate any information you can share on this.

Thanks - Prashant

Answers (0)