cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document series selection-same should fron QTN to INVOICE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I ahve prepared document series A,B,C,D,E from Quotation to Invoice. In that A is by default every where. In quotation if i select B series and then save that qtn. Then next time if i copy that Qtn to SO ,then in SO system takes bydefault series A.that is right as per system.But my cleint want that if i am preparing Qtn in B series -then it should copy in to B series only.

Is it possible?by any setting?

OR is it possible though development?

ragards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahesh,

When you say you have created document series A through E for each of the A/R documents..I believe you have seperated the number ranges as well. In the System Init ...> company details have you checked Permit more than one document type per series

If this is not checked then please run the below query inside SBO and paste the results here

SELECT T0.ObjectCode AS 'Document', T0.Series AS 'Series', T0.SeriesName AS 'Series Name', 
T0.InitialNum AS 'Initial Number', T0.NextNumber AS 'Next Number for Use' FROM  [dbo].[NNM1] T0
WHERE T0.ObjectCode IN ('17','15','13')

Suda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Out of B1 box, series can only be selected manualy. FMS will not work here. Because it is a drop down list that your can only get its value for other FMS but not assign FMS for it.

You may try DTW to upload but I don't think that can make your life easier.

Your only option left would be through SDK programming now. Based on your simple requirement, it should not be too hard to do.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Talking about development by SDK, it is no doubt you can do it. Other than that, you may try Formattred Search first to restrict the series. Please check the forum to find more information regarding FMS.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suda ,

-From your query i am getting series wise report, That is OK.

-I have not activated permit more than one doc per series.

-But My question is that. There are total 5 series A B C D E and A is default at every doc. if i made Qtn in series B , and if i made copy to SO , then SO select default series A, but i want B, because i have made Qtn in B series and wish to make SO also in B Series.

regards,

mahesh