Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup VB6 + CR 11.5 SP4 with Merge Modules fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

we updated a VB6 SP6 Project using CR 8.5 RDC to CR XI R2 SP4

(still using the Trial version till the ordered full version arrives)

We do only provide the Printing and Preview of updated rpt-Files (no RCAPI)

- I Created a setup project with Visual Studio Installer 1.1

. added CR Merge Modules from crxir2sp4_rdc_mm.zip

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm

1. Problem:

There is allways a !-Message in the VSI that the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm is not valid or used by somebody else (which is definetely not the case)

2. If I remove the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm an install the Application on the target system there an older Version of CRAXDDRT.DLL installed as I have on my developement system.

It is installed in \%Common Files%\Business Objects\2.7 instead of \%Common Files%\Business Objects\3.5 which is the Installation directory on my system.

If I copy my newer CRAXDDRT.DLL to the targed system and register it manually by regsvr32, everything works fine.

Questions:

Do I need the Full registration key for testing the Deployment of the MSI Files?

What is this "ORCA"-Thing which is mentioned in some Threads - do I need to edit the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm in any way by the ORCA-Tool? Are the nessecary steps to by done for deploying a CR XI - Application documented anywhere?

Is crxir2sp4_rdc_mm.zip the correct MSM-collection for my Version?

I would by very, very grateful for any help becaus I am "fighting" now for 4 weeks to upgrade my remaining VB6 RDC - Projects.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are not using RCAPIs, don't use craxddrt.dll. Use craxdrt.dll. Craxddrt.dll does have licensing implications. Also, ensure you have entered teh keycode in the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek and Don,

so I understand It is necessary to include the license file into the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm.

That is the reason why Visual Studio Installer says that CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm is not valid, isn't it??

Only one more answer and I will light up a candle for you in the cathedral of my heart ;-):

How do I put the license key into the CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm?

May I also use the Trial Key until I get my proper key?

Thanks very much

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To enter the keycode into the msm using Visual Studio Installer, go to the properties of the msm. Scroll down until you find "keycode". Enter that and your license msm is done.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am afraid there is no property "keykode" to be found for CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Liscense.msm (either for the other MSMs) in VSI 1.1.

There are only:

IgnoreLanguage

IgnoreVersion

IsolateTo

SourceFile

Miko

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But of course there is...

Make sure the msm is added as a merge module, not a file. The go tot he properties. Find

+(MergeModuleproperties). Click on the plus sine to expand the topic. First line says "keycode".

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek,

in VSI 1.1 there is no property +(MergeModuleproperties).

I applied ORCA an found a Property called "PIDKEY" in Table "Property" - there I Inserted the Keycode.

Miko

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Visual Basic 6 does not support Merge Modules. You have to use a third party tool Like Install Shield or Wise.

If you are not using the embeddable Designer then don't ship it. The 3 Merge Modules to be included are:

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm

And is you must use the designer inlcude:

CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Designtime.msm

In the License MSM you must include a keycode.

Orca is from Microsoft and used to view the files in Merge Modules or MSI files.

Do not mix the file from \bin\2.7 folder, those are the .NET runtime for Visual Studio .NET.