cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve this "Prefix number: entry missing for system EC5 client 800"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am workflow learner, I am having theoretical knowledge on it.

Now, I started to practice practically in my IDES server.

I am getting an error message while I am trying to save my standard task with my object type and method and event (which were already created in SWO1).

My error message details.....

Prefix number: entry missing for system EC5 client 800

Message no. 5W023

Diagnosis

Tasks, rules, and workflow definitions require an ID that is unique throughout all systems and clients. In this way, you can ensure that you can transport these objects from one system into another at any time (without restrictions). From a technical point of view, the uniqueness of the ID is ensured by what is known as a "prefix number". You can define a separate prefix number for every system and every client in table T78NR.

System response

If a prefix number is not defined in the client in which you are currently working, it is not possible to maintain (maintenance terminates).

Even I tried to create on entry in the table T78NR, but as that is standard table, I am unable to make an entry.

Hope we have to configure the workflow, I am not having any Basis consultant with me. Can anyone help to cross this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Surender Batlanki.

Edited by: Surender Batlanki on Oct 15, 2008 2:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, for general workflow questions there is the Workflow forum. This is forum is for SRM related workflow questions.

Regarding your question, before starting with workflow you need to do the workflow customizing, transaction SWU3.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Surender and Other SAP Work flow gurus

Surender, u said, that you got the solution.

As honestly speaking i am new to SAP Workflow. Can u please please guide me the instruction and document if any. I am practising in Test Server machine. I will be really happy that if u all GEMS helps me to get out of it.

in Prefix number OOW4, system is asking me to enter, the Prefix number, Interval start, Interval End, and Check Sum.

I entere the same 980 in prefix number, and i dont know what to enter the Interval start and interval end and check sum.

Also there is some msg coming when i tried to manage some values, " NO Intervals can be reserved for this prefix number" - MSg No: 5W179.

Please gurus help me.

Regard

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin & Masa,

Thanks for your value answer, I got solution from your reply and it wokrd fine. Related to workflow in which fourm can I post my questions.

Once again thanks for ur replies.

Surender.

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the workflow forum [here.|;

Regards,

Martin

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SWU3 and maintain the prifix number like 980 EC5 800.

Regards,

Masa