cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import maps for qualified table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have multiple vendor records in excel file for same vendor.

during process of importing i want to import only one vendor for all duplicates but all values of qualified fields of duplicate records to be imported.

ex: V1 Qualified field A1

V1 Qualified field A2

V1 Qualified field A3

import map should import the records as V1 A1

A2

A3

Where V1 is the main table and A1, A2, A3 are Qualified table values.

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Please check the below steps:

1. Open the excel file in Import Manager

2. Map the Vendor field with the main table field

3. Map the non-qualifier field with the Qualified field present in the main table

4. Map the Qualifiers.

When you perform Record Matching it will show create 3 records but after importing when you check it will create only one record and 3 qualified records.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

You can append the multivalued qualifiers by setting the configuration option Default Qualified Update in the import manager,

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

This is absolutely possible in Import manager. For this you can use qualified table.

As per your requirement, I am assuming that you have vendor as your main table field and your non qualifier is also Vendor. So, now in import manager, first create a clone field of Vendor by right clicking on the vendor in the source hierarchy tree on top left cornor and then select Clone Field.

It will cerate a clone of Vendor field. then first map original Venor field with your main table Vendor field and map clone Vendor with the non-qualifier.

Then map the qualified field on source side with the qualified field on target side. Map the values of the qualifier in value mapping.

This should create only one record for Vendor V1 in main table and link three different qualifiers (A1, A2, A3) with Vendor V1.

Regards,

Varun