cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFQ used in sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our company the a sales begins from the time a customer ask for a inquiry( not in SAP). From then on we create a Purchase RFQ that is send in a number of vendors that can supply us with the products the customer asked for. As soon as the RFQs are returned with the vendor's prices, we make a comparison between them and pick the best RFQ (the cheaper usually). As far as I know the RFQ that has been picked can be easilly create a Purchase Order so as to have the prices that we have agreed with the vendor.

Though, in this process because we want to prevent multiple data filling we want to put the idea of sales quotation and sales order.

In other words, we want before making the purchase order, to be able to create an sales quotation to the customers using the materials and especially the prices from the best RFQ. The prices should be copied from the RFQ to the quotation and then my company will add a profit margin.

If the customer agrees with the amount he has to pay, then we will create a purchase order using the best RFQ.

Is it possible to copy an RFQ to a quotation and if yes how can it be done, so as to prevent multiple data filling.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stilinaois

Create a sales order with respect to the inquiry from the customer & the item category would be TAB. This will create a purchase requisition directly in background while saving the sales order.

Regards

Deepu Pillai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply but how will the purchase requisition will be linked with the materials and prices from the rfq?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me in the above thread