cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects Data Services Installation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, I have installed Data Services XI 3.0 and they've started

When I start 'Data Services Managament Console',

I'm getting a 'The requested resource (/DataServices/) is not available.' error.

"C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\DataServices" folder is empty

Then, I have again reinstalled Data Services XI 3.0 and they've started but

"C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\DataServices" folder is again empty.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is just a 'Document is not released' message?

scott_broadway
Participant
0 Kudos

I apologize for that -- I'm going to request that it be published externally ASAP.

Until then, please try these steps:

Stop Tomcat 5.5

Create a file called DataServices.xml and place the following into it (replace the <PATH TO FILE> with the correct path to the war file):

<Context docBase="<PATH TO FILE>/DataServices.war" path="/DataServices" debug="0" reloadable="false" crossContext="false" trusted="false" antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true"/>

Place the file in "<Tomcat Installation Path>/conf/catalina/localhost/"

Restart Tomcat 5.5

Check to make sure the file is deployed to "<Tomcat Installation Path>/webapps/"

Make sure the DataServices directory exists and contains the deployed

web application files

Access the Management Console successfully at http://<tomcat_hostname>:<port>/DataServices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have followed the steps yoy have mensioned. but still the data services folder "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat55\webapps\DataServices" is empty. Could you please let me know the required files in that floder? is it possible to copy that file to the particular folder. Please help me. Thanks in Advance. - Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible that you may need to deinstall & remove the DS registry & complete a reinstallation.

This will be a quick fix.

The other issue may also be that the software that you have downloaded is corrupt & it does not contain the Tomcat software.

Thus you may need to re-download the software.

Hope that helps.

cheers

Hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Hai.. Let me try.

scott_broadway
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please try [SAP Note 1254220|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1254220].

Thanks,

~Scott