cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 10 SP6 forced reinstallation. Product Key now invalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded and installed the SP6 patch for Crystal Reports Professional Edition version 10, and the programme crashed on load up (even after numerous restarts of the computer)

I tried re-installing the patch to no avail.

So I loaded the original full installation file, and ran the 'reinstall' option. The prompt box checked that I wanted to uninstall existing version first, which I declined to do on the first pass (this didn't resolve the problem)

I then re-ran the reinstall and selected 'yes' to uninstall existing, this being the only option left to me.

I was then prompted to re-enter the product code. I did this using the original code supplied when I bought the software (in 2004) and the code was rejected as it has apparantly 'expired'.

After about an hour trying to decipher this website, I called a couple of support numbers, both of which insisted the only way to contact support was through this forum.

Hence this post.

I would be grateful therefore for any response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Spoke too soon.

Programme is now installed, but prompting me for a registration key, which I do not have.

Website link embedded within programme is now out of date.

..so I'm back to this forum which I understand is my sole source for this information.

Any help gratefully received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Regarding license please click [here|https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/licensekey]

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

The link provided requires a login username and password.

The user name and password for this forum does not work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Please visit [http://www.businessobjects.com/forms/email/license] and fill the form and submit the form .

You would receive an Keycode on the email address that you will specify in this Form.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are sorry but your message can not be posted since you have used forbidden words/phrases. Please edit your post according to the forum guidelines and re-post.

can't get past the above fascist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Seem to have sorted now.

re-booted and re-ran install, and retyped all fields.