cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling an ABAP web service from a web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I based my application on the: "Creating an E-Mail Client Using Web Dynpro's Adaptive Web Service Model" tutorial but when invoking the web service I get this type of error:

Exception on execution of web service with WSDL URL 'http://mySAPBackendServer:1080/sap/bc/soap/wsdl11?services=Z_MY_WEB_SERVICE&sap-client=XXX&sap-user=XXXX&sap-password=XXXX' with operation 'Z_MY_WEB_SERVICE' in interface '{urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions}Z_MY_WEB_SERVICEPortType'

Is this because I used Adaptive Web Service Model instead of Adaptive RFC Model? Or is it due to something else?

thanks a lot,

Tanguy Mezzano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the RFC is not exposed as an Webservice ,you don't use adaptive webservice model to create model.

if it is a RFC you can use adaptive RFC method to create model.

with regards

shanto aloor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sergey_tuzov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Tanguy.

At first you should check is the autorization necessary for your web-service.

Go to Sap Web Application service

link Web Service Navigatorl.

Put the wsdl url link in the appropriate field and push "Next" button.

If login and password is required, you should use web service in NWDS

with logical destination data, to store username and password for the authontification.

I will describe how it can be used if it needed.

Best regards, Sergey.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergey,

The web services I try to access are ABAP web services either on SAP R/3 4.7 platform than on SAP ECC6.0 platform.

I can list web services with webservicebrowser BSP application for the R/3 system and with the transaction WSADMIN for the ECC6.0.

I tried to add the R/3 server to the Web Service Navigator in NWDS but I see that WSIL is not supported by R/3 4.7, am I right???

I tried then to add the ECC6.0 server to the Web Service Navigator but there I get an error from NWDS which says: org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Invalid thread access.

But when I add a wsdl from a web service of R/3 or ECC6 in NWDS to generate my Adaptive Web Service Model, it only works when I add sap-user and sap-password url parameters.

So, yes, authorization is necessary for web-services in my case.

Can you help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you explain me how to call an adaptive web service with basic password authentication?

Thx,

Tanguy Mezzano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have succeeded to call it using logical destinations.

It's now working in basic password authentication.

I would like to authenticate it at message level using SAML.

I have read documentation about message-vouchers for abap web service.

I have two SAP systems, one ABAP stack 6.40 and a Netweaver 7.0 SP12 version, none of them have the report wss_info required to configure saml.

Is there another way to access web services with SAML authentication or upgrading to SP14 is the only choice I have?

Thx,

Tanguy Mezzano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the following link

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b2bc0932-0d01-0010-6d8e-cff1b2f22bc7]

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

please check this thread.the step by step procedure is provided here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The function module is remote-enabled, it is exposed thus as a web-service, I can retrieve it with webservicebrowser application.

Shantoo:

I have tried to create a Web Dynpro with the RFC method to create the model but when I run and deploy I get a deployement error with:

Result
=> deployment aborted : file:/C:/DOCUME~1/..Webservice.ear
Aborted: development component 'WebDynpro_Webservice'/'local'/'LOKAL'/...'0':
Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:
java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application local/WebDynpro_Webservice.. Reason: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WebDynpro_Webservice. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?; nested exception is: 	com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to deploy application local/WebDynpro_Webservice. Check causing exception for details (trace file). Hint: Are all referenced components deployed and available on the engine?
 (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

Anyway I want to use the web service model but I get the excepation stated in my first post.

Vishal:

your link doesn't lead to the a related thread...

Thanks for your help,

Tanguy

Former Member