cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configurations and uses of productionresource/tool..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii friends.

Please let me know the uses of productionresource/tool and its configurations and uses. i heard that most of the manufacturing industries use this senarious.

Please help me

Regards,

Sirish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i hve this link..any way tnq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need more info or its clear.

Anil

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Production Resource/Tool(PRT) is a moveable operating resource used in production

You can assign production resources and tools to the task lists and production orders for which they are required.

Production resources/tools that are used for testing during production can be assigned to the corresponding inspection characteristic in the inspection plan.

Purpose

Unlike machines and fixed assets, production resources and tools (PRTs) are movable (not stationary) operating resources that are required to perform an activity and can be used repeatedly. For example, PRTs include documents, engineering drawings, jigs and fixtures, and measurement instruments.

You can assign production resources/tools to internal and external activities. You use the assignment to determine:

The quantity

The operating time

The dates

of the PRTs required to carry out the activity.

There are several categories of production resources and tools in the R/3 System. The category determines the characteristics and business functions that a PRT can have.

You can create production resources/tools with the following categories:

A material PRT has its own material master record with the view "PRT". A material PRT can be procured, that is, it can either be purchased or produced. You can also keep it in stock and track both its value and quantity.

A miscellaneous PRT has its own PRT master record and can neither be procured nor kept in stock.

A document PRT has its own document info record, (for example engineering drawings or NC programs). You can manage these PRTs using the R/3 Document Management System.

In the Project System you can assign documents directly to activities. Consequently you will not use this type of PRT very often.

An equipment PRT has its own equipment master record and has the full equipment functionality. This category is particularly useful for those production resources or tools which you must maintain yourself or which must be serviced at regular intervals. With the equipment category, you can furnish proof of service or usage values for the production resource/tool.

PRT as a material - MM01

PRT Master - CF01

Document - CV01N

Equipment - IE01

PRT availability check - OPJK

PRT control keys - IMG>Production>Basic data>PRT>define control keys

Also refer the links below...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/89/a42719461e11d182b50000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/bf/5ffd0e6d4311d1ad5e0000e8a6353a/frameset.htm

Hope this helps...

Regards

R.Brahmankar