Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got the info that the following features cast in BPC 7MS version:

Management console

- support for seasonality in Insight

- multiple hierarchies in time dimension

- Load Runner test tool certification

- MS Vista support (only for 32 bit machines)

- Shared query engine

- Enhanced BPC logging web interface

Could any one let me know the advantages of these?

Best Regards

Anil Kaalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

support for seasonality in Insight

- it is new funcytionality which provide you better performances for predictive analytics

multiple hierarchies in time dimension

- actually into 5.x is supported only hierarchy for Time dimensions and this is not enough for reporting in some case. It was a request from many BPC customer and 7.0 is the first version with this capability

Load Runner test tool certification

- It will help for stress test

MS Vista support (only for 32 bit machines)

- Many cutomers will upgrade their Windows client to Vista.

The fact that BPC 7.0 fully supporting Vista is a plus for product and I will say it will be a requirements from customers side.

Shared query engine

- It was improved which measn the performances for retrieve data will be better.

Enhanced BPC logging web interface

- you will be able to monitor the logs directly from BPC interface. It will not be necessary to use otrher tools to see the logs.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin

Thanks a lot for your valuable information!

1. In 5.X also you can have multiple hierarchies by adding additional PARENTHn columns to and then defining the parents for the additional hierarchies

What is that we are going to have by incluging specifically in the new version?

2. Can you also please let me know what has changed between BPC 5.1 and BPC 7.0 on MS stack?

I have seen BPF functionality have been pushed out from BPC 7 NW stack, the features such as Books, Dynamic heirarchy editor etc. are also included in the list.

Are there any similiar functionalities pushed out from 7.0 MS stack when compared with 5.1 version?

Best Regards

Anil Kaalla

Edited by: ANIL KUMAR on Oct 16, 2008 11:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just one comment: BPF indeed is pushed out for the moment in 70NW version, but will be shortly available there as well. Probably early Q2 2009

regards

Dries