Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BI in Netweaver 7.0: Trial download package (similar to MiniSAP for ABAP)

Hi Everyone,

I have just been allocated to a support project a recent BI 7.0 implementation. Prior to this I have worked only on the 3.x environment.

Now, the BI 7 ETL process (transformations, DTP) is completely different from the earlier ETL process (transfer/update rules). I have the SAP Press publication for BI 7 (SAP Business Intelligence). It is a great resource, but the problem is that I do not have access to a BI 7 system where I could try out the new ETL process and the new reporting tools in BI 7 (Query designer, Report designer etc.).

Our client does not have a Sandbox system and the access to the Development environment is restricted since the implementation is complete.

Can anyone tell me if there is any package for BI 7, similar to MiniSAP for ABAP, which I can install on my own to familiarise myself with the new BI 7 environment? I have seen a package 'SAP NetWeaver 7.01 ABAP Trial Version' in the downloads section of SDN, but I'm not sure if it is for BI 7 or only ABAP.

Any help or information on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ram Pandey

replied

>

> 1. When you say client 001 is set up as a BI system, do you mean that it comes set up as a BI system by default or have you set it up as a BI system yourself?

>

> 2. I suppose that by technical infrastructure, you mean that the RSA1 transaction is available, but without the business content. In that case, the technical knowledge that I would need would be designing an entire ETL pipeline from scratch (create my own datasources, transformations, InfoProviders etc.). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

>

> 3. Can you pelase provide me with more details about the VMware solution? Would they need to physically access my desktop to install their package? (Because I'm resident in India and I'm not sure if they offer their services over here)

1. It comes as default.

2. Correct. No business content.

3. The service is not offererd in India. But it's a good way to do it, as if you screw up the implementation, it's easy to restart. I've tried it, but I've got stuck getting the VMWare tools running in my XP VM image.

matt

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question