cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for BOM with change number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using this BAPI BAPI_BOM_UPLOAD_SAVE to create the BOM in SAP R/3.

I am also using the same BAPI for BOM changes,now that if the BOM Structure goes for a change along with the change number the structure gets modified but the change number does not get reflected in the structure. Please let me know the details. Also let me know that even if I push a BOM in the initial stage do I need to associate with the change number.

Do I need to use some other BAPI for BOM Changes.

or How do I implement it using a existing BAPI BAPI_BOM_UPLOAD_SAVE.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually change number is created seperately using another BAPI -- CCAP_ECN_CREATE where in we will be specifying this change number in the BAPI -- BAPI_BOM_UPLOAD_SAVE ., so when we try to change some quantity at component level it is changing but the change number is not reflecting across that component

So I don't think any BAPI will help you. to supported for change number for BOM upload.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

You are absolutely rite..

I am creating the change number using the BAPI CCAP_ECN_CREATE, Once this change number is created I can use this to change the details of the BOM, Material or document as I opted.

While doing this change, there is a field in BAPI BAPI_BOM_UPLOAD_SAVE where I can furnish the details of the change number which was created earlier along with the change that needs to be incorporated for that material (i.e for ex if I make change to quantity of the material). the changes are made in the quantity but the change number is not getting published when I see the BOM details in CS03.

If this BAPI BAPI_BOM_UPLOAD_SAVE will not reflect the details of the change number, can you provide the details of other BAPI's which can provide me the similar quote as needed.

please help out.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I thnik there is no BAPI for your requirement.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then how can the change number get reflected in the BOM. Because the same change number when used to change the component quantity manually it gets reflected.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Oct 21, 2008 12:08 PM