cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI - all on laptop - is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to run Business Objects XI R2 on a laptop? Does anyone have any experience of attempting this?

My client currently runs Business Object 5 Full Client with an Oracle database on a single laptop. If we migrate the universe and reports to Business Objects XI will it be possible to still run the whole software stack on a laptop given that we will now need to run the server programs as well as the client?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you can install Business Objects XI R2 on the Lap top but the RAM of your laptop should be atlest 1GB .

Reagrds

Prashant

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

An alternative to the Full Client may be the Web Intelligence Rich Client in XI 3.0. The full XI stack is not required on your laptop when you run Web Intelligence in offline mode. This will give you a Full Client like experience. If needed, then included with BOE XI 3.x is a report conversion utility which converts Full Client reports to Web Intelligence reports.

If you do wind up needing to run the full XI stack, then yes, it does run. Many Business Objects employees run XI on laptops. I would recommend at least 2Gb of ram.

Blake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

adding to the hardware recommendation I also recommend that you use a supported OS.

Please see a [list of supported platforms BOE XI R2 for different platforms|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000086812&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&].

Thanks a lot

Falk