cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reliable Messaging with a non @oneway method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

first of all, I'm new in the whole SAP-Application-Server business. I hope, i will give you enough and the correct information you need to follow and answer my problem.

I'm experimenting with Web Service Reliable Messaging. It works pretty fine with the IBM Rational Application Server. Now i would test it with the SAP Application Server, and i was wondering if there is no way to activate reliable messaging at a method with a return type different from null? This is what the documentation says and i got error messages when i tried it.

[Configuring Web Services Reliable Messaging|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/741a3dfcfa0eede10000000a155369/content.htm]

Is there any opportunity to avoid this or a easy solution? I couldn't belief it. Is there no way to implement a simple web service, containing a method which return the current system time, and deliver it reliable to the requesting client?

I thank you for every little input, hint, advice, ...

Best regards

Matthias

Edited by: Matthias Brk on Oct 15, 2008 1:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is my topic in the wrong forum category? or is the topic the problem and nobody knows a solution?

I'm looking forward to any answer.

Best regards

matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a asynchronous communication via RM only @oneway methods work. It depends on some SAP design patterns. I heard it so. For me the problem is solved.