Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of a field docln of table bseg added in ECC table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our system has been upgraded from 4.6 to ECC.

In Bseg table, a new field docln is added in this version.

Currently tha value '#' has been populated in this field for all existing documents.

So while trying to open in FB02 , giving me dump at ststement of unpacking.

But no problem in posting new documents with FB01, and opening with FB02. And value populated are blank.

How can i know the purpose of this field and how it is populated or from where it will be mapped or calculated?

I have tried to see the documentation, it says not available in EN.

Pleas help with your valuable suggstions.

Thanks

Salini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new fields are relevent for SAP New GL functionality. If you are not using that, you should be fine, else you would need to migrate your old GL to new GL.

Check SAP notes on New GL, and how the older data would need to be converted.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

The new fields are relevent for SAP New GL functionality. If you are not using that, you should be fine, else you would need to migrate your old GL to new GL.

Check SAP notes on New GL, and how the older data would need to be converted.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks alot for this information.now i understood the significance.

And also got the cause of dump at that point.

This is b'coz the value is #.

Do you have any idea why it has defaulted to #.I feel due to some step at time of import/export step.

Thanks & regadrs

Salini

0 Kudos

It should be blank. if you ran the standard process for migration to new GL, then I suggest to open an OSS ticket or check with your onsite SAp consultnat who helped in migration to look at the issue

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it should be blank.And more its not new GLs.

Do you have any idea why it was defaulted to # ?

Any mistake in the import steps or unicode conversion?

Not able to understand.Its already imported, so we cann't reimport the data.Is the only solution to write a ABAP code to remove the # for existing records?And even i am also trying to understand the cause of defaulting #?