Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire an event from a DC to another DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following problem:

I have 3 different DC included in a Web Dynpro page. The DC 1 has a table with some PERS_CODE and on selection of one row of this table the DC 2 refresh its content with data of the new selection of PERS_CODE.

Now I must implement the DC 3 with the same logic of DC 1 and DC 2, but unfortunately I can't see source code of DC 1.

I've only seen into source code of DC 2 in which there is a public part imported (I think from DC 1) with the option "manual" (not createOnDemand).

I think I can import into DC 3 the same public part to read PERS_CODE but how can I raise the event from DC 2 to DC 3 in order to refresh DC3's content?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

maybe I explained my problem in a bad way. I'll try to clarify.

I have 2 main DCs bound. Now from DC2 I have to read the Context of DC1 (which is bounded to another application).

How can I do this?

Best regards,

Raffaele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 main DCs bound. Now from DC2 I have to read the Context of DC1 (which is bounded to another application).

To bind your context from DC1 to DC2

Copy the context that you want to expose from the component controller to interface controller of DC1.

Once this is done you will be able to see the context in DC2.

Based on your requirement you can set the Input type property of the context node.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

refer this blog,

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I raise the event from DC 2 to DC 3 in order to refresh DC3's content?

Create an event in the interface controller of DC2

Use Dc dependency -> DC2

Add DC2 as depended dc

Subscribe the event in the component controller of DC3.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos