AE/CUP: User's Manager not Populated from the Org Chart
Overview of configuration
1. We currently have AE 5.2 SP9 Patch1 (Build-53172) installed on Netweaver 7.00 & J2EE 7.00 SP16.
2. We have created a connector to our HR system and set the connector as an "SAP 4.7 HR" system. We have also set the HR Manager Path to "(A002) Reports (line) to".
3. We have configured the Search Data Source to point to the HR system as an SAP system. It is set to SAP instead of SAPHR so that we could also find contractors in the system. If it is set to SAPHR then we can only find employees configured in the SAP Org structure.
4. In addition we have set the set the User Details Data Source to point to the SAP HR system as an SAPHR system using the standard template.
5. We have used the standard field Mappings under the HR Triggers section.
Overview of issue
1. When we create a request and select a user through the search functionality, it populates all the user details including the details from the org structure.
2. The real issue is that it doesn't populate the useru2019s Manager information.
3. I have checked in the backend SAP HR system using transaction PA20 & PO13 and confirmed that the user has a "(A002) Reports (line) to" configured.
4. I have checked that the position of the Manager who the user reports exists and has someone assigned to it.
I have noticed that the two positions don't belong to the same org unit. However according to "SAP Note 1022271 - Virsa Access Enforcer 5.2 Support Package VIRAE" this issue is resolved in Patch level 9 and we are currently on Patch level 9 patch 1.
I have tested this with several different users and always get the same results, whereby the manager is not populated.
Your assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.