cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BAPI - simple scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm just a beginner with XI. I've got such scenario to develop. Could anyone help me ?

1. After completing production in external system I'm receving LOIPRO.LOIPRO01 message from R/3 system with status I0045. (I mean LOIPRO with status I0045 is beeing sent from external system to XI)

2. In that case I should call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE with quantity 0 and delivery flag completed.

3. To call that BAPI, IDOC sent from external system has unsufficient data (only status and process order). Because of that before BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE the BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL must be called.

Should I use BPM or I can avoid using it ?

Could anyone describe me how should it looks like in Intergration Repository (I would be very grateful for any step-by-step description )

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

While your scenario could be accomplished using a BPM, this would not be optimal. One reason is the performance overhead incurred and another is that the information received from BAPI_PROCORD_GET_DETAIL could (in principle) be stale by the time you later call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE because there is no way to call the 2 BAPIs from XI in the same transactional context.

A better solution would be to wrap the 2 BAPI calls in either a remote-enabled function module or, better yet, a receiver proxy in the R/3 system. Thus, XI simply calls this RFC or proxy and it, in turn, takes care of calling the 2 BAPIs in sequence.

Regards,

Thorsten

Answers (0)