Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add Business Partner validation...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to get the value of telephone number from BP transaction (CRM) before saving a transaction, so I can add customize validation. I tried to check out for some BADI before saving the transaction but I still can't find where structure the telephone no is saved. I also tried using field exit but my validation is dependent to another field. Is there anyway to get this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cliff

If the user-exit provides you with the phone number and you can implement your validation there then have a look at [SAP User Exits and the People Who Love Them|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/208811b0-00b2-2910-c5ac-dd2c7c50c8e8] how you can access global variables from within the user-exit.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uwe,

I tried to look for User Exit for Transaction BP (CRM) but no exit is available for it. Thanks though for the material...

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cliff

Since the "Business Partner" is a BDT application you should be able to create your custom BDT function module for validation. Since I have done only very little BDT development I cannot tell you exactly where to put your fm into the BDT logic but it should not be too difficult.

Regards

Uwe