cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP development namespace prefix and XI naming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while going to establish company wide SAP XI naming conventions the question arised, if there should be any relationship between naming for XI design and configuration objects and the so called "reserved development namespace prefix" known from ABAP programming. Is it, e.g. advisable to use the reserved ABAP namespace prefix as part of XI repository namespaces?

Any experiences?

Thanks and best regards,

Barbara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you had a chance to look at naming conventions in service market place?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I had. I found a powerpoint presentation named "Naming conventions for SAP XI 3.0" as part of an ASAP example for XI. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I did not found statements concerning ABAP development namespaces there.

Barbara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this Blog for more info on "ASAP Implementation Roadmap for SAP Exchange Infrastructure" and about Namespace, etc

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/04/09/xi--saps-document-templates

given in this thread

Hope this helps you.

Message was edited by: Santhosh Kumar Subramanian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

Setting up XI naming conventions for a company needs a holistic approach looking what is already out there for java, abap, xml etc. so there is no easy answer to any question regarding naming conventions, only ideas. You have to look at how these ideas fit into your existing conventions, so let me give you my idea on that:

if your company has its own reserved ABAP namespace like /COMP/, you should definitely use that in Proxy Generation as prefix. However a usage in XI namespaces depends on what the Abap NS looks like. SAPs suggestion is to use a namespace like http://company.com/xi/. and i think, it is a very good suggestion, so i would definitely use something similar. Normally i would use the URL similar to the companies website e.g. if the website is http://www.company.com, i would just delete the www out of it. Now you might have a company with a very long name and even website URL and namespaces are restricted to 60 characters so you possibly run into length issues and decide to use an abbreviation, in that case i would definitely use an existing abap namespace as abbreviation if the namespace is somehow descriptive.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barbara

I have an XI naming conventions document with me. Do mail me (check my business card) and i will be happy to share it with you.

regards

Sameer