cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing tracks from DTR - Studio still showing up old tracks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question, How can I remove the existing tracks from the DTR? I have already removed it from the CMS. But it is still showing when I try to import configuration in NW dev studio.

Please let me know how I can do this, since the old unwanted tracks are still showing up.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you update the CMS after deletion of track?

and

the DTR workspaces that were generated when the track was created are not deleted.

so you need to delete them manualy,,please check how to delete DTR workspaces.

and delete followinf worspace

<track ID>//dev/active

<track ID>//dev/inactive

<track ID>//cons/active

<track ID>//cons/inactive

check again the tutorial you have followed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I am not sure of how to delete the workspaces from DTR. I am not following any tutorial, just replicating it from a previous system. But we want to delete the unwanted workspaces from DTR.

So can you please let me know the exact steps to follow to remove the workspaces from DTR?

Thanks,

Ajay

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I was able to delete workspaces from DTR using the command line tool. But I still see the folders (ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/cons, ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/dev...etc.) existing in the DTR. These folders are now empty, and all active and inactive content is not there anymore. But how do I delete these folders?

I tried to use the delete command in the tool as shown, but its not working:

dir
GENERAL/
GENERAL1/
GENTEST/

delete -r --sure GENERAL/
Folder item "GENERAL/" is not activity recorded
Try "deleteworkspace" command for deleting workspaces.

I tried using "deleteworkspace" command, but it gives me the following message:

deleteworkspace u2013w GENERAL/ u2013c u201Cdeleted a test workspaceu201D
Folder item GENERAL/ is not a workspace

Also, the "Development Configuration Import" is still showing the deleted tracks even after doing an 'Update CMS'. Any idea where it could picking up these details from?

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Development Configurations are stored in the SLD. If CMS did not delete them automatically after deleting the track, you must delete them in the SLD from Administration -> Content Maintenance.

ws/GENERAL is indeed not a workspace, but a workspace folder. The following are your workspaces:

- ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/dev/active

- ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/dev/inactive

- ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/cons/active

- ws/GENERAL/vecnet.co.nz_SC_RIMP/cons/inactive

You should be able to delete these with the deleteworkspace command. Workspace folders can be deleted with a WebDAV tool (you can use Internet Explorer for this). Keep in my that you must delete them one by one, bottom-up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pascal and Snehal.

I removed the workspaces using the command tool, then removed the folders using the IE as a WebDAV tool. Also removed all Associations -> CMS Maintained Configuration and Landscape Description -> Design Time Configuration relating to the deleted track in the SLD -> Content Maintenance.

Now my NWDS shows all the correct DCs.

Cheers,

Ajay

Answers (0)