cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New professional tax slab for Karnataka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently there is a change in professional tax slab in Karnataka wef 01.08.2008. So I need to create new entries in v_T7INP4. Also, I want to keep the old slabs which will be applicable before 01.08.2008, specially in retro run. Actually there is no delimit function for slab change. Can anybody tell me how to delimit old entries. Suitable answers will be awarded.

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since the august payroll is already run why you want the previous values?

Why you want to make retro for that perioid. If you have any change in that infotyp and that field only it will applicable retro otherwise it won't

Genrally this kind of statutory thing SAP will give release we just need to update that release.

Please check in OSS or put query in OSS hopefully you will get answer with updated release

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sreenu,

Thanks for prompt response. The reason I want to delimit - Let's say August 2008 payroll has been run for an employee. In October 2008, his basic pay has been reduced wef April 2008. So retro run will occur from April and his professional tax should be applicable as per his old slab till July 2008 then as per new slab. How will it be possible? Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajes,

If the Ptax slabs have change with effective certain date then all payments incurred from that date even if they are for backdated period, are liable for the current Ptax rates.

So for your retro run, the current rates will be applicable as per statutary rules hence there is no need to maintain old slabs and hence SAP has not provided this facility.

rgds...Sameer