cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel billing released to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

1) What is the correct procedure to cancel billing that already posted / released to Accounting ?

2) If billing already posted and cleared from accounting on the previous closed fiscal year / period , can we still do cancellation of the invoice/billing ?

3) What is the effect to the credit management Credit Exposure if we do cancellation of invoice already posted to accounting?

4) Recently, our users deleted some Delivery orders and found out that the Credit management Order Value become Negative value. How can it be negative value if we only deleting the Delivery Order ?

Regards

Henery

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

1. you do VF11 to cancel invoice already posted to accounting. when you cancel the invoice, at least an accounting document is created for the cancellation itself. there may be other accounting documents created depending on the postings that are reversed, but an FI consultant will be able to explain more clearly on this.

2. yes, i believe you can still cancel an invoice created in another period.

3. when you cancel an invoice, there should be no overall effect on credit exposure. however, open invoice values drop while uninvoiced delivery values are increased. you will increase the value of the billing due list.

4. as for deleting delivery orders, do i understand correctly that delivery documents were deleted and sales orders become open again? if so, it's possible that your system checks for open deliveries, and that open orders are blocked upon DO deletion and do not update credit unless released. please provide more info on this.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- I already tested cancellation billing posted to accounting for previous closed fiscal yr / period. It seem that there is no changes on the Credit Mgt order value or exposure. When I tested this for open fiscal yr/period, there is changes on the Credit Mgt order value or exposure

- Yes, after delivery documents deleted, Sales orders become Open again. I checked credit control configuration on transaction OVA8 and the configuration is as follow :-

On the Credit Control High Risk Sales Orders config

- box ticked is Static check, Reaction is C, Status/block was ticked, Open Orders and Open Deliveries box ticked.

On the Credit Control High Risk High Risk Deliveries config

- box ticked is Static check, Reaction is C, Status/block was ticked, Open Deliveries box was ticked

On the High Risk Goods Issue config

- box ticked is Static check, Reaction is D, Status/block was ticked, Open Deliveries box was ticked.

Last time the users delete the Delivery documents, the Order Value was reduce but not become negative.

Rgds

Henery

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no action before 2 months

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henery,

very important regarding your second question:

you should not cancel an invoice which has already been cleared. After a certaing release this is prohibited in standard via the requirement 29!

Balazs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

1) You can cancel invoice with VF02 or VF11 T. Code which has been alredy posted in account.

2) You can cancel invoice of last fiscal year but in only open month date.

3) if you do cancellation of invoice already posted to accounting then taht much of amount for that party is reverse in account leadger.Party acccount is credited with amount which invoice you deleted.

4) When you create sales order and deliver order then that much of value system block in credit managament. when you delete that delivery order then amount release in credit managament.

Regards,

Sandip Shaktavat