cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration error while creating index in KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KM Expets,

I am getting the following error while creating a new index via System Adminstration > System Configuration > Knowledge Management > Index Adminstration.

Index could not be created; creating index failed: Invalid entry in configuration: section nameserver, key address, value tcpip://<nameserverhost>:<nameserverport> is invalid (Errorcode 7213)

I guess all the field values filled by me are correct, so not able to get the problem.

Any suggestions/help ?

Regards,

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This Error occurs when TREX is not active. Check whether the TREX server status is active for the portal and then try creating index.

Hope this Helps.

Thanks

Hussain.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you just have forgotten to assign the TREX Name Server address to the portal.

The message "tcpip://<nameserverhost>:<nameserverport>" is indicated that you have not replace the <nameserverhost> and <nameserverport> to the TREX Name Server name and its port.

User the Visual Administrator to assign the TREX name server adress.

Best Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hussain for the references.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it and it is not green, instead a message is displaying in front of Server Status. It is -

The name server is not running or no name server is configured in TREX Service Properties. Start J2EE Admin to change the properties.

So, how can i make it running and active ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to System Administration->Monitring->Knowledge Management->Trex Monitor.

Here You can see the status of the server.If it is active the it be in Green.

Thanks

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hussain.

Can you please giude me like how to check the TREX status and if it is deactivated how to make it active ?

Regards,

Saurabh