Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Query regarding CMS transport!

Hi Experts,

I hav an issue with CMS transport. - I hav done certain changes in a mapping for a specific name space say urn:XYZ. The software component for this name space is say SC1. This software component also contains several name spaces say urn:123. urn:456. urn:pqr. And some of them are active and some inactive

Now as per process, I hav activated my specific messege mapping and then going to TOOLS- Export Design Objects - Mode: Transport Using CMS. -- Individual Objecis -......

Now when I go to the CMS url....there after carrying out the necessary steps [ Pls refer to the following URL.This thing WILL take some time as it is a 2.5 MB file :

http://www.esnips.com/doc/34d643fe-13b3-4c83-922a-c64db6b7e52d/Change-REQUEST-CMS-Process,-manual-Complete.

It contains a word document with details step by step screen shot showing everything in details -- see page 17 and 18. I dont understand , why in the approval tab, the SOFTWARE COMPONENT name is suggested, the reason being, if i select the SOFTWARE COMPONENT, all other name space within this SOFTWARE COMPONENT apart from my desired development get trsnaported in Production!!

EXPERTS, Pls check the doc in details,this is a kind of general manual and tell me if I hav missed out some thing/ or hav done some mistakes , I think this can be a gud document !!

Pls note, dont study the document by the NAME oF DEVELOPMENT perspective, I hav developed this doc from time to time with necessary changes / modifications !!

Regards,

Arnab.

Experts, this question still remains unanswered!

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Oct 15, 2008 9:25 AM

replied

Hi Arnab

Sorry for the late response.

First to tell you, in your ideal SAP landscape you should have three integration systems/servers (XI)

1. Development

2. Consolidation (which you may also call the quality or staging or testing system)

3. Production.

The consolidation system is for consolidating and testing the quality of the developed objects. So if you have the three systems, you assign in the CMS track these three systems as development, consolidation and production. You export from Development and import it insto consolidation system from consolidation tab in Transport Studio. You test the objects in consolidation system. If thing go well, you decide to take these transports further to Production and hence you assemble these changes.

But there is something wrong! As I know, if you have got only two integration systems (as in many case), you define the production system as the consolidation system only. You dont need to define the entire track. There is no meaning for assembly or approval, as there is only one step of transport. Can you please confirm this with your basis team?

Regards,

Suddha

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question