cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

safety stock available for Consumption of Requirement arising from SO (MTO)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Gurus,

I have a MTO (make to order scenario). For a certain raw material (Material A), I have maintained a Stock of (e.g.) 100 pcs. However when an SO (sales order) for a finished good (material B) (MTO) is created, a requirement of 2 pcs is created for Material A.

The problem is, when i check MD04 stock requirement list for Material A, the system doesn't recognize the exisiting stock 100pcs. The line item for the SO requirement is CustSt 0.000 . Thus, after MRP the system creates a PR (purchase requisition for Material A)

which based on the stock, it should not.

I would really appreicate if someone can help me.

Thank you,

Heinrick Palad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check the "Selection method" field in MRP4 view for the FG.

u2022If you select individual requirement then system will not consider available stock and generate Proposals for every single requirments.

If you select collective requirement then system will not generate planing proposals through MD50.In that case you have to go for individual MRP (MD02 / MD03 / MD41 / MD42).

Please run MD02 and check your result.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using 20 startegy for MTO process then availablity check will done against the sales order stock, you need to take the sales order stock.

Regards

Robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change Individual/ collective req to collective for raw material.So system will not create P.R for raw material.

Regards,

Dharma