Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog prg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I created a tcode in which i have options like create, display,change and print..now if i press display ,all the fields should be made input disabled..as i press display ,,the first screen is being disabled and when i press a tab in that screen,fields are getting input-enabled..

sice i wrote like

case sy-ucomm.

when 'disp'.

loop at screen.

-

endloop.

endcase.

now since i press another tab the sy-ucomm is changing and all the fields are getting input enabled..

can u help me in this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

When u try to depend on the sy-ucomm for the conditions in tab strips they generally create a problem. So instead of capturing the sy-ucomm try to use same flags like

When sy-comm = 'DISP'.

CLEAR: wf_display.

wf_display = 'X'.

And u can use the wf_display to indicate it as display process wherever required.

Try this.

It would solve ur probelm.

Cheers,

Chaitanya Swaroop Maka

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand the when your sy-ucomm is DISP you will loop at screen and disable all the input fields.

Please tell me one more thing .. When you are pressing other tabs are you modifying the screen for that sy-ucomm. If you are not doing so i think there should be no problem.

Also could you please elaborate on this problem.... Are you first disabling the input and then pressin the other tabs ?

Can you please tell me how you are doing it ?

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

actually when i press 'disp'. it will go to next screen and in that screen i have tabstrip controlin which i have 3 tabs..so now the first screen with fields outside the tabstrip are disabled but when i press to see fields in other tabs they get enabled..and again when i press change or copy thay should get input enabled..

0 Kudos

Hi,

You said you are using a tab strip right ?

Can you please tell me if every tab is considered as a separate entity or are they grouped together. If they are separate entities, i think you need to do this LOOP AT SCREEN statement when every tab is clicked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

u can use group in it.

WHEN 'disp'.

LOOP AT SCREEN.

IF screen-group1 = 'G1'.

screen-input = 0.

MODIFY SCREEN.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

hope it may help you.

Thanks

Sachin

0 Kudos

where should i give screen group = g1.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

When u try to depend on the sy-ucomm for the conditions in tab strips they generally create a problem. So instead of capturing the sy-ucomm try to use same flags like

When sy-comm = 'DISP'.

CLEAR: wf_display.

wf_display = 'X'.

And u can use the wf_display to indicate it as display process wherever required.

Try this.

It would solve ur probelm.

Cheers,

Chaitanya Swaroop Maka

0 Kudos

and i'm having a table control in the tabs and i want to make the the table control input disabled..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi for this too you need to follow the same procedure.

First tell me are you able to detect when each tab is clicked .

If so when sy-ucomm = 'TAB1'.

loop at SCREEN.

" Disable entry into the tables

endloop.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pramod