cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Segmentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my client using account segmentation branch wise for the trial balance for different -2 branch.

suppose two branch are Delhi

and noida.

Set user Authorization (data ownership authorization branch wise)

Iam going to made a sales order for the delhi And noida branch

then i think there should be diffrent ledgers item wise according to branch and diffrent BP's.what's the solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Different GL for the branches is different than having it by Item groups

It you set up an Inventory Asset, Revenue and COGS account per item group...then they would post to the same GL if you sell through Noida branch / Delhi..

I am not sure what you really want to segregate

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless each branch sells completely different items, only warehouse can give you better picture to separate them. Based on your post, items could be sold by either of them. So there is no way you can do it through item groups.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For Item, you have to Set GL Accounts by Warehouse and create two different Whse as Delhi and Noida and map the relevant account in the Whse Setup.

For BP, choose the appropriate Control Account under Accounting Tab

If you need any more clarification, please describe your requirement clearly.

Thanks

Anjan Bhowmick

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually the problem is that our client is having two units and wants to keep database in one company as item master data is common but bp's might be diffrent.diffrent units must have diffrent trial balance and diffrent P/L statements.item groups and subgroups are in large nos. so it becomes difficult to manage it by warehouse.

how to resolve it?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest that you use Project for the branches and set the G/L by Item Group.

Set each branch as a project and select the project code in all the transaction for a particular branch.

Other than Balance Sheet all other Financials Report can be created seperately for each project which effectively would mean a seperate P&L for each branch

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

how we know that which user belongs to which branch

thanks

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

how we can assign user by default to that project.