Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation problems in IE7 after installing "BI AddOn Patch for GUI 7.10"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the following problem:

After installing the BI AddOn Patch for GUI 7.10 (bi710sp07p_701-10004472.exe), Internet Explorer is not behaving normally anymore.

The problem is as follows: When I click on a link with the CTRL-key pressed, then IE7 will open the link in a new tab. However the page does not load anymore in the new tab, the contents will stay empty even though correct address is shown address bar.

The same will happen with pop-ups, so pop-up will appear, but it will not load, page stays white.

When I uninstall the patch then IE7 will work fine again.

For clarity, I am not talking about BEx web reporting here (because we only use BEx Analyzer). The problem occurs when accessing normal webpages like Google (the problem does not depend on the website that was selected).

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also having the same issue doing a full patch upgrade

As a local Admin install the patches in the following order.

1. bi710sp12p_1201-10004472.exe

2. bw350gui710_8-10004473.exe

3. gui710_17-10002995.exe

Getting a number of issues IE7+8 new tabs not working JRE stopped working and issues with excel (3 occasions)

Tried changing the order of the patches and doing full uninstall of sap followed by re-install of sap but the only thing which seems to work is un-install of IE, JRE and Excel then re-install. As you can imagine not very popular.

were going to try out the latest Bex7 1300 patch will let you know how its going

Jon

Edited by: Jon Hoare on Aug 27, 2010 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had similar problems.

A reinstall of MSIE 7 did the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fortunately there was no need to uninstall IE7. We have again completely uninstalled and re-installed SAP FrontEnd GUI and applied the patch once more and for some reason the problem does not occur anymore (before restart it did, but after restart problem had disappeared).

We have absolutely no clue what it is that has changed since the previous attempts (except for the date ...).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install the BEx 3.5 the 2nd time? Might be the cause.