cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch wise valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All SAP Guru's

Before uploading any stock i have to maintain the vauation for the materials.In case of finished product client have different price for different batches.These prices of MRP,Costing price and Billing price.I want to valuate the finished product batch wise for costing price .Is it possible to valuate the fert materials batch wiase at different plant.

Please suggest solutin at early possible.

Thanks and regards

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Have a look at

The SAP R/3 System allows you to valuate stocks of a material either together or separately, that is, according to different valuation criteria. Split valuation is necessary if, for example:

1. Stock from in-house production has a different valuation price than externally procured stock.

2. Stock obtained from one manufacturer is valuated at a different price than stock obtained from another manufacturer.

3. Different batch stocks of a material have different valuation prices.

4. Value damaged and repair part differently from a new part.

To used split valuation, you have to activate it using 'OMW0'.

To change split material valuation once it has been set, you must

1. first post out all stocks (for example, to a cost center or with movement type 562)

2. then change the control parameters

3. if necessary, change the automatic account determination

4. finally post the stocks back in again

In split valuation, you can distinguish between partial stocks of a material according to certain criteria and valuate them separately.

The material stock is divided according to valuation category and valuation type.

The valuation category determines how the partial stocks are divided, that is, according to which criteria.

The valuation type describes the characteristics of the individual stocks.

With the function "Setting" you can determine:

which valuation categories exist in your company (global categories)

which valuation types exist in your company (global types)

which valuation types belong to which valuation category

which valuation categories exist in a valuation area (local categories)

Your entries are only relevant if you set split valuation as active in the function "Global settings".

In the standard SAP R/3 System, the following valuation categories are default settings :

B procurement type

with the valuation types:

"EIGEN" for in-house production

"FREMD" for external procurement

H Origin

X automatic valuation (only for batch)

To select split valuation ('OMWC'), proceed as follows:

1. Determine the valuation categories and valuation types that are allowed for all valuation areas:

global valuation categories via menu "Goto --> Global Categories"

global valuation types via menu "Goto --> Global Types"

2. Allocate the valuation types to the valuation categories.

a) Select "Goto --> Global Categories".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation category and select

"Goto --> Global Categories --> Assignments --> 'Types->Category'".

c) Activate the valuation types you want.

3. Determine the local valuation categories for each valuation area.

a) Select "Goto --> Local definitions".

b) Position the cursor on a valuation area and select

"Goto --> Local Definitions --> Allocate Categoires->Org.units (button Cats->(OU)".

You obtain a list of the global valuation categories.

c) Activate the categories to be used in this valuation area.

The system creates the local valuation types based on the allocations under point 2.

Only now can you create a master record with split valuation.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can use concept of Split Valuation for this. For such materials, use Valuation Category "X" in Accounting1 view of Material Mater. As a result, after every GR of this material, batch will get created as Valuation Type and will store its value separately (not MAP) and will get issued with this value only at the time of Goods Issue. (System will ask Batch and automatically take the valuation type also which is nothing but Batch No only)

Then, once the GR is done batch will get created as valuation type automatically.

Go to OMWC to check the attributes of Valuation Category "X" and activate for your Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

I want to upload the batch price (T.Code MR21 ) through LSMW programme.I have uploaded the FERT materials and now i want to uploat the price for these materials before stock upload.

But for price generally we are maiting the price at material level.Our client want this batch wise.

For example.FG_OWN this valuation type for own finished product and under this they have 20 batches for singly mateial and every batch having different price.How to upload these prices batch wise.

Please suggest as the earliest as go-live is to be start very soon.

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To fulfill your requirement, only one valuation type will not be sufficient (for e.g. FG_OWN), here each batch should be a valuation type which can be achieved via the process suggested in earlier post. This should be done before stock upload.

Prerequisite is FG should be MAP based.

And during FG Stock upload, in the template, include Stock value also along with Quantity and upload using movement type 561. Each batch created during this will be created as valuation type automatically and you can get the batch wise valuation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

Please tell me what is MAP base and for upload which t.code will i use for mov type 561. Suppose i use mb1c where i will put total stock value, please write details step by step.....please

Thanks and regrads

Mahesh

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

MAP is Moving Average Price

Upload stock from T. Code "MB1C" using Movement Type "561".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

But for valuation uplaod , how can upload the different prices for batches for a materail.

Please provide me your contact numbers.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj,

At header level i.e (Valuation category) price control is V and at item level( Valuation Type) price control is S.Whether this will fulfill prerequisite. Where exactly MAP is prerequisite - at header level or at item level or at both the level?

And where i can see batch wise valuation-which T.Code?

Please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is OK as far as Price Control is concerned.

You can see batch wise valuation details in report MB5L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks