cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro integration with J2EE using DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Step 1) I have developed a sample Development Component Webdynpro project with a simple view and then made its component as a public part.

Step 2) I have created a sample Development Component J2EE project with a simple web application project. Also I have added the public part of the webdynpro project as a used DC inside this J2EE project. Here I have two problems

Problem 1> I was not able to add external libraries. When I add them the build made is correct and when I build this J2EE DC in Development Component environment, it actually ignores the external libraries which I have added in J2EE environment. I have seen that we should add the external library as a used DC in the DC environment. How can we add these libraries for example struts.jar ?

Problem 2> I am able to see only some IExternal****Interface's inside the action class in J2EE web project from the Webdynpro public part.

Result I expected: I actually wanted to add some external libraries into J2EE DC which Webdynpro projects have from which the Webdynpro views are created. And get the View from the webdynpro component which is added as a used DC to this J2EE project, to be displayed from J2EE project.

Any suggestions, solutions, research are appreciated. Many Thanks in advance..

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

To add external libs check Valery`s nice blog

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Not really clear about point 2: how are you going to display Web Dynpro components from J2EE Web components? You can use URL for this to embed or launch in a separate window. But in this case you don`t need any references from Web Dynpro DC, only name of deployable object and name of application.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.