cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file loading from Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our file is getting loaded into ODS from local desktop, but when we load the same file from Application server, it gives dump. The dump says that there is some number format error in a key figure and this keyfigure is the last column in the file. It gives dump at the preview step itself. The Dump says that the value "260.300 #" is invalid, but we dont have any '#' in the keyfigure value. Do we need to make some settings to load the file from app server! PLease suggest.

Thnx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the mapping is not correct. when you are loading from application server, you need to maintain mapping.

For this refer the below discussion.

Also make sure, it is uploaded in the correct format.

Regards

Shilpa

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You might be getting # in the last column. This is a windows to Unix error. When the file is converted to Unix it puts a # in the last column for enter.

check this link to correct the error while converting between Windows and Unix file.

http://kb.iu.edu/data/acux.html

Thanks & regards,

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for giving answer. But we get # only in few records, not in all..can this be possible when the file is uploaded!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Try previewing the data before loading, it might give an idea what the problem is.

The number of decimals places of the keyfigure might be more compared to the value it is storing.

Thanks & Regards,

Namarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the error when I preview the data itself..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any more inputs guyz...

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please apply the corrections from the notes 1179615 and 1171182 if they are applicable to your BI release. If the problem should

still exist please attach the complete dump here so that we can analyse it.

Best Regards,

Des.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notes are not suitable for us and in the other forum, I dont see the solution for it Reddy. Any suggestions plz.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi check

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the datasource for decimal places and also check the data in flatfile whether u have any space after data.

Regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have any number format or strange characteristics or mapping or the sequence in the file, then we should get the same error when we load it from local desktop. But we dont get any issues while loading from desktop. Its only when we do it from app server.

Please suggest.