Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Overall Purchase requisition Release strategy : Changed after Rejected

Hi All,

I have activated overall purchase requisition Release strategy (20000077) . And its working fine when PR is released at each level and saved.

Problem I have is when PR is rejected .

When PR is rejected , workitem is created for initiator with ME52 transaction. When initiator changes the contents of PR and saves , the release strategy should resume back from where it stopped. Thats means when Approver A rejects the PR, after initiator make changes , the workflow should trigger back with a workitem for release to approver A.

But its not happening as expected. When Approver A rejected the PR and initiator changes the PR , Nothing is triggered, as there is no event raised at this point.

ME52 changes for PR is not trigerring any event which can trigger the WF.

Is there any way we can trigger Workflow in this scenerio.

Please suggest.

replied

Hi Subhashini,

This all depend on release strategy. release should reset completely on tha change.

For the increase of quantities or values you can maintain tolerance limits in the Customizing. When you increase the amount or value via the tolerance limit the system will reset the release.

When you reduce quantities or values the system only resets the release if another release strategy is determined for the lower quantity or the lower value.

If no other release strategy is determined by the reduction of the

amount or value, the system will keep already existing releases.

changeability in Release indicator also play a major role. You should set it to either 3 or 4. Now if you change any field, which is also used in any charecteristics in release, it will lead to reset of release startegy.

Sanjeev

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question