cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment terms-greyed out field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like the payment terms field to be in display mode in VA01 and VA02.Basically taking off the access of this field from enduser.How do we do it.

Secondly in XD01 or XD02 we want only authorised users to change or create payment terms field.Example we have 4 people who create and change customers but this payment terms field should only be createable or changeable only by a 1 particular user out of the four.How can this be done.

Hope to receive a reply from the group and thank you.

Regards

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One solution is SHD0 and Other solution is through Credite Management it is posible.In OVA8 if u check the box then any body changes the Terms of Payment then the order will not process forther.And for 2nd problem u can restric in roles.Go to PFCG in this give authorization to only one user.

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

1. if you want payment terms to be unmodifiable in VA01 and VA02, you can use tcode SHD0 to create your screen variant, and make the field for display only. you then save and assign this screen variant to your document type in VOV8.

an alternative to this is that you define payment terms in sales orders as critical fields in OVA8. this can be modified by everyone, but the order will be blocked if there is a modification, and will require release by an authorized party.

2. as for the customer master, i seem to recall that it is possible but i will have to get back to you on this.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I tried in SHD0.There is already a variant that has been created and assigned to this particular transaction code which is zva01, but not in vov8. This t.code zva01 works perfectly fine as per the variant, now i modified the variant by choosing "w.content" and "output" only, but this does not seem to take effect.

Now i tried what you said by creating a totally new variant and selected "w.content" and "output" and assigned it to VOV8.it is working but the billing tab of sales order creationpage, payment terms is not greyed out but in sales tab the payment terms is greyed out.

what could be a possible solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, again.

i have to check this, but i believe that when you create a screen variant, you must also go to the billing tab and specify that the payment terms in this tab be greyed out. set up of the payment terms in the billing and sales tabs are separate actions and should be both done by you.

regards.