Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Solaris Kernel

Hello Experts,

Kindly provide the steps to do the Kernel upgrade on Solaris/oracle -Abap + Java

My system is (Abap + Java). I downloaded the Abap kernel files from the service market places.

note :(I know the kernel upgrade on windows operating system)

1. If we apply Abap kernel is enough or i have to separtely apply kernel for Java?.

2. I see that /sapmnt/<SID>/exe - Owner is <SID>adm and group sapsys except saposcol file.

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
replied

My new kernel extracted file size is 557 MB. (New kernel donot have BRtools files).

Thats ok.. you can copy brtools from your current kernel to the new one or download them from SAP Marketplace.

I guess Now I have to overwrite the kernel.

Never overwrite the kernel... always move the kernel to a new directory so you can keep it as a backup. basically just rename the directory... you can do the in solaris by using comand "mv"

2. Shall i give the command like

"cp -r -p <kernel_patch_extract> <sapmnt>/<SAPSID>/exe"

NO... create a new directory in <sapmnt>/<SAPSID>/ for example "exe_new" the copy all extracted files to <sapmnt>/<SAPSID>/exe_new and the copy brtools from exe to exe_new. Once your happy with it... stop the system then rename the exe directory to for example exe_old, finally rename exe_new to exe and start the system

Easy... huh?

Regards

Juan

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question