cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering Release Through User Exit M06B0005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have customer specific requirement due to which we have to create a "Z" table and maintain Threshold values in it with PR Document Types next to it. So, when the VALUE of an already released PR (Release Indicator 5) is changed (ME52N) and if it is more than the threshold maintained in the "Z" table On click of the "Check" button we want to trigger the release through this user exit (from indicator 5 to "X").

We have identfied the field "FRGKZ" and we have replaced C_EBAN-FRGKZ in the user exit to "X" it is changed but when it comes out of the user exit then no effect takes place. Meaning the release is not triggered.

Request you to help me in this regard,

Many Thanks in Advance for your support & help

Regards

Ramky.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This user exit allows you to change the structure for determination release strategy but the system decides that a re-determination of strategy is required beforehand.

Did you have a breakpoint in the user exit to see if it is triggered when the PR value is changed?

Check your config for the PR release. What is the setting for the Release Indicator? It should have Changeability of '4' (Changeable, new release in case of new strat. or val. change) and a value change specified.

Also, you need use set the value in E_CEBAN.

Phyllis.

Edited by: Phyllis Waugh on Oct 15, 2008 5:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Yes when we keep a breakpoint, the userexit is called when we press the "Check" button after changing the PR value.

I have checked the Config settings It has a Changeability of '4' (Changeable, new release in case of new strat. or val. change) and a value change specified it is "100.0".

In E_CEBAN we do not have the release indicator field. But there's a table C_EBAN in the user exit and that one has Release indicator field(FRGKZ).

Please let me know if anything else needs to be done.

Thanks a lot for the timely help

Regards,

Ramky.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramky,

I think the user exit allows you to change the values of the release structure and then the system uses the new values to determine whether to reset the release indicator or not. I don't think you think change the release indicator directly there.

You may need to check the C_EBAN-NETPR (the sum of all items if overall release) and change E_CEBAN-NETPR according to the Z table specification. If re-release is NOT required, change E_CEBAN-NETPR to fall within the $100 value change. On the other hand, if a re-release is required, change the E_CEBAN-NETPR ti go outside of the $100 value change.

From memory E_CEBAN is only used for the release determination, it does not change the actual PR value.

Hope this helps.

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks once again for the inputs....

I do not want to look for the newly changed value. That is already available in the table i_ceban & c_eban.

All I'd like to get now is Where will I reset the Release Indicator currently from status "5" in PR to "X" in PR. Which Field will I require to reset? Currently I have used the field "FRGKZ" in the table "C_EBAN" in the user exit. It did not work.

So, I'd like to know if there;s any other fields or tables?? Any other exits to be used??

Thanks,

Regards

Ramky.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramky,

Like I said, SAP has to determine the release indicator, from what I know there is no user exit or BAdi's that can change it.

The purpose of changing the NETPR field is that as far as the system is concerned, based on your config, if the value change is more than $100, it will re-trigger the release strategy. So you'll have to use that to 'trick' the system to get the result you want.

Alternatively, you can make use of a user field CEBAN-USRC1 , include this in your release classification and populate with value 'X' in the release strategies so that you can set or clear this field to control whether a release strategy is to be found for the PR.

Sorry can't think of anything better at this stage.

Phyllis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phyllis,

The Value change is 100% increase, I have used the field CEBAN-USRC1 and yet the same result. So, no effect....Still am not able to find out the how to change the release indicator.

Anyway thanks a lot for the help and inputs......

In case I get to solve this issue will update you of the same....

Regards

Ramky.G