cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkCenter Should not be clickable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a workcentre which has a workcentre group assigned having some 10-11 links as submenu. So we just hover the mouse on workcenter to get submenu and just click the link.

However I am not able to see so far any way to avoid the click-ability of workcenter link itself. In customizing it is required for a workcenter to have a logical link which I think is making it clickable. When I click on the wokcenter it gives me an exception since I didn't define any targets for its logical link.

I am new to CRM 2007 and not sure how to handle this. Is there any way to simply have submenu and not the clicka-ablitily of a workcenter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need to find the logical link for your work centre in your navigation bar profile. Check if you have assigned target id to logical link group. Check the target id is available in drop down. Hope it will solve the pbm.

Best regards

pankaj kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

I do not have a logical link group for it just a work centre group. I am not sure what Target ID to assign since I created this workcenter link and and work center group. Requirement is to make it un-clickable and use only submenus.

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Hierarchy for work center is like this..

1. Business Object use Navigation Bar Profile

2. Navigation Bar Profile use multiple Work Centers

3. A Work centers from Navigation Bar Profile contain multiple Assign Group

4. A Assign group from Work Center contain multiple Logical Links

5. For every logical link target id should be assign.

In Business Role for Visible Work Center Group Link entery with this combination should be check.

Regards

Gaurav

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ankur,

When you click work centre, logical link assigned to it calls target link. Target link is linked with inbound plug of component when you define business object. So if your requirement is to remove the page that comes when you click workcentre then you need to remove this logical link.

As per my understanding, you have links in work centre dropdown but you dont wana call page when you click work centre. If my understanding of your requirement is correct then solution i suggested should work.

Best regards

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

"As per my understanding, you have links in work centre dropdown but you dont wana call page when you click work centre. If my understanding of your requirement is correct then solution i suggested should work."

When you define a workcenter you need an identifier to name it, description, title plus a logical link in customizing. You would not be able to save a work center without specifying any logical link ID. The dropdown I think you are mentioning appears while defining a logical link that what type of link should you want to define. Possible values are "Link, Launch Transaction, BI Report, etc".

Cheers

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I found a solution not sure if its the best one. We created a new component for this and assigned the work center link to a view of ths component.

Since we dont want to navigate to this component despite of being clicked in navigation bar we added a piece of code in the inbound plug to navigate back to last item in the history using framework method OP_DEFAULT_BACK.

Cheers

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a good idea. Thanks for sharing this Ankur.

Best Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

open your navigation bar profile. click on work centre. double click on your work centre. make Logical Link ID field blank. If my understanding of your problem correctly, it will solve your problem.

Best Regards

Pankaj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pankaj,

Work Center is bound to have a logical link. However once could specify any type of logical link which is also not working for me so far.

Cheers

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Try this approach..

1. Define Work Center Link Group (WCLG)

2. Assign Links to the above created WC Link group

3. Define a work center (WC)

4. Add WC link group (WCLG) under the work center (WC)

Thanks,

Thirumala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thirumala,

Like I mentioned, I already did that as we wouldn't see submenu if these preliminary steps are not followed. The issue is I can see the link on Navigation Bar and undelying work centre group's logical links in a submenu format which is fine. The issue is I have to assign a logical link to workcenter which makes the owrkcenter clickable which we don't want. In customizing assigning logical link to a worcenter is mandatory.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

This is not possible. More over the requirement looks a little weird. There would be lot of groups under a functional area like search, create, reports etc. But when you flash the mouse on the work center, the sub menu comes up which would be majorly a search links as far as i know. How would the user see the create / report links unless clicking on the work center link ??

Open to comments

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay,

I think your assumptions are incorrect. We have some 10-12 external website links which we need to display. They are catagrized to an "External Links" workcenter, there is no Search/Report etc on it.

We don't have the need for workcenter to be clicked to show a custom viewset with some fields on it. There is no field to display just a catagorization as per business requirement which is acheived by submenu.

I believe there is one way to enhance the navigation bar componwnt and acheive this however I would rather consider something simpler.

Thanks,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankur,

I understand your scenario. I strongly feel that there is no option for disabling the workcenter from the UI Framework customizing perspective. Extending the Navbar would be a very tidious task i suppose.

Let me know if you have answer for this problem

Thanks,

Vinay