cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken DCs after changing the runtime systems in track

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am making some WebDynpro changes to ESS using NWDI and NWDS. All was working fine until I changed the runtime systems in the track. Eversince I added the test runtime system in the track, I am getting broken DC errors in sap.com_SAP_ESS_1 compartment. When I looked at the details in CBS, it says that Used Component "tc/bi/bp/pcd" not found. I looked at the compartment sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1 and this DC is not available in that. When I did sync used DCs in NWDS, I am getting the error "ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Used component not found: sap.com/tc/bi/bp/pcd. DC not found in DC syncdb." . I performed restore system state and reimported all the required .sca files in to the track. I am still having this problem even after reimport.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Srihari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srihari,

You mentioned that it was working fine until you changed the runtime systems. After changing the runtime systems you are seeing the broken DC's error. Which means the base libraries on current run system might not be the correct one. Please make sure all the SC's are correct version equalent to your Java engine SP level. Make sure the correctct versions of the SC's you ahve addded as usage dependencies of your SC in the SLD.

If we did not add the correct version of the libraries reimport, rebuild, synchronise DC's from CMS will not much help ful.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna and Snehal,

Thanks for your responses. I have done some more research and found out that the missing DC is available in EP_BUILDT SCA file. I have downloaded sca file for EP_BUILDT from market place and placed it in CMS inbox. I also deployed the .sca file in NWDI system. In CMS, I can not see this .sca file of EP_BUILDT in the check-In tab. I tried to add it as dependency to SAP_ESS SC in Landscape Navigator. But, EP_BUILDT is not available in the list of SWCV when I click on "Define Dependencies". I checked SLD and found out that it is not in the list of SWCV, but is there in "Installed Products" tab of NWDI technical system. Any idea on how to get it as SWCV in SLD or how to get the .sca file in to my "Check-In" tab of track? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Srihari

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srihari,

Did you update the content in your SLD to the latest version, and then update CMS from that? Perhaps you have out-of-date content.

Also, EP_BUILDT has a dependency on SAP_BUILDT, so that needs to exist in your CMS inbox too.

--m

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

What Matt said is right,

first check SAP CR Content Version of your SLD, and update to its newer version.

after that add EP_BUILDT as dependecies in your SC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported the latest SLD CR Content and this resolved my issue. Many thanks to Matt and Snehal. Awarded points to Matt.

Thanks,

Srihari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

This is the problem of dependecies.

you need to re-import them into your track again.

1. go to the CMS.

2. open development tab.

3.go to history.it will show the dependencies those ware imported previously, or else choose proper date to make it available.

4. check all the dependecies and say add to queue.

5. after that back to import queue to re-import them again.

perform re-import on consolidation also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Thanks for your response. I followed your instructions and re-imported the .sca files from the old date. I am still having this problem. In fact, I still could not find DC "tc/bi/bp/pcd". Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Thanks,

Srihari

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

then you need to perform import cycle from

check in->development->consolidation->assembly.

be sure that whichever sca of sap_buildt you are going to put in your cms inbox folder, is of proper version and contains tc/bi/bp/pcd.