cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDocnot-XML via HTTP ->XI->IDoc

0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have built a scenary IDOC not-XML via HTTP ->XI->IDOC and have a problem.

The first part works correctly (receive the plain IDOC via HTTP post diretly), but when going to call to the Idoc Adapter Receicer, it tries to process it as XML and I obtain the following error:

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_METADATA</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>XML parser: Error in row 1 column 1, error unexpectedend-of-file</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

Note: the original inbound Idoc is in flat-fields traditional format, not in XML-IDOC.

I try and does not work the parameter to me of the Integration Engine configuration IDOC->XML_CONVERSION because is only valid in idoc->XI->idoc scenary.

Help please!

Thanks, Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

but when you post via HTTP how does your message look like?

it's an XML message right?

can you check that?

so I don't think you can use XML_CONVERSION

feature in your case

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

0 Kudos

Hi

michal,

The inbound idoc that i post via HTTP is in conventional flat format, not a XML message

...looks like this...

EDI_DC40 1 2 FIDCCP02 ...

E2FIKPF003 210 1 00000100000001IBSA ...

Any idea?

Regards,

Antonio

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but how does it look in the XI

SXMB_MONI then

inbound message - Payload - mainMessage

Regards,

michal

0 Kudos

Hi michal ,

in inbound message - Payload - mainMessage , y can see the same inbound idoc in flat format....

EDI_DC40 1 2 FIDCCP02 ...

E2FIKPF003 210 1 00000100000001IBSA ...

Thanks,

Antonio

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you set xml_conversion to 2 or to 0 ? value?

try 0 if you haven't tried that yet

if this won't work then maybe it only works with IDOC - IDOC flows between idoc "adapters"

Regards,

michal

0 Kudos

i tried the two values in xml_conversion, 0 and 2, and nothing change...

the problem for IDOC-XI-IDOC flow is than (I think) the IDOC Adapter Inbound (sender) in the XI only supports IDOCs send by another SAP or by a party that connects the IDOC via RFC... and in my scenary is send the IDOC in HTTP

Regards,

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried changing the xml_conversion parameter as well, but did not manage to get it working. Maybe you need to do something to make the new setting take effect, like restarting the j2ee enginge?

Anyway, another way of doing this is to write an ABAP mapping program and convert the flatfile idoc into idoc-xml. You can use the functionmodule IDX_IDOC_TO_XML to do the conversion. The class CL_ABAP_CONV_IN_CE can be used for character set encoding conversion. The you send the idoc xml to the idoc adapter.

The FM IDX_XML_TO_IDOC does it the other way.

You may also want to check the howtos for xi at service.sap.com/nw04. One of them describes how to process standard idocs, however, it is a much better option to use the functionmodules IDX_IDOC_TO_XML IDX_XML_TO_IDOC.

We have written programs to do this both ways...

Good luck.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

I wrote a ABAP Mapping (class Z_ABAP_MAPPING_FLAT_TO_IDOC) that first user the class

CL_ABAP_CONV_IN_CE in order to transform into String, then split into records of internal table for call the FM IDX_IDOC_TO_XML.

¡it works fantastic!

My scenary IDOC (in clasic-plain text) -> XI -> IDoc into R/3 is ok!

Thanks a lot.

Bye,

Antonio

Answers (0)