Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Does xcelsius access data model in MS sql server 2000

have the following scenario: I need to create a dashboard which will be accessed through a Microsoft Office SharePoint server portal. This dashboard will be used for analysis of Agencies and Underwriters; they should be able to drill down to policy level details.

The data will originate from a Data Warehouse (Relational Schema) which resides on a Microsoft SQL server 2000 platform.

Q) Does Xcelsius work off a relational model or does the data model need to be converted to a Dimensional Star schema? Do you have to create Cubes?

A)

Q) It was mentioned in the book that Xcelsius can connect to a Microsoft SharePoint server using web part, however there is no information in the help menu to do that task?

A)

My thought) I was also thinking that the data model build on MS SQL SERVER 2000 can be used to create a Universe, which then can link to Live Office using Query as a Web Service (QAAWS) and used to build Xcelsius model. (Does one have to go this route, or can one access the data model created on SQL SERVER 2000?)

Any Feedback)

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question