cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing SAP GUI for Java 7.10 on Vista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm trying to instal SAP GUI for Java 7.10 on Windows Vista Home Premium.

But as it starts running the following error appears: "The installation process could not create files in "C:\Program Files\SAP Clients".

You probably don't have the necessary access rights."

(But I do have the access rights. By the way, in the computer there is only one account -> the administrator account.)

Then I click OK (when the error appears) and a new error message occur: "Installation completed with errors.

The corresponding log file can be found here:

"C:\Users\celia\guiinstall.log"

Please consider removing the "C:\Program Files\SAP Clients\SAPGUI for Java 7.10rev6" folder manually."

At the end of the log file there's the following errors:"Insufficient process rights - not able to create an executable [EXE] in C:\Program Files\SAP Clients

Insufficient process rights - not able to create an executable [BAT] in C:\Program Files\SAP Clients

Insufficient process rights - not able to create a library [DLL] in C:\Program Files\SAP Clients"

How can I get these "rights", even though I'm using the administrator account? Could anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. In support Matrix i see only

"Business",

"Ultimate" and

"Enterprise"

editions of Vista for SAP GUI for Java 7.10

May be reason in this? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you're right...

I didn't know that SAP GUI for Java was only avaliable for some editions of Vista...

Now that you told me that, the error that appeared makes sense...

Thanks a lot for solving my issue:)

Célia

RMW
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Célia,

indeed SAP GUI for Java has not been released for all editions of Vista.

You can workaround the problem however by running cmd.exe located in system32 with the "Run as administrator" item from context menu and launching the installer from there with "java -jar PlatinGUI....jar". Then it should install as expected.

Please keep in mind, that you are then running it on a platform not officially supported.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

Answers (0)