cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Parameter not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal Reports XI, and I'm working on a new report wherein it would be really nice if I could include a couple of dynamic parameters. Only 1 problem - when I create a new parameter, the radio button next to "Dynamic" isn't available (greyed out)

My report is driven off an Microsoft SQL server, but I've also tried creating reports off of Excel files and Access files - Dynamic is never an option. I THINK I remember trying out a dynamic parameter when we first upgraded to XI, but haven't had a use for it until now, so I can't be sure if this is the case.

Is there anything I could have done incorrectly in my report setup to make dynamic parameters unavailable? Has anyone else had this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

When we create a Dynamic parameter i.e. choose 'Dynamic' in the 'Create New Parameter' box then we get 2 radio buttons and they are:

- New: Which is by default selected if in case you want to base off your parameter on the database fields.

- Existing: Which you can choose to base off your parameter on the Prompt groups stored in the eneterprise(coming from Business View Mangaer). This option is only highlighted when you have the Enterprise and the Business view manager installed.

Please update us if you have any further queries.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, seems I wasn't clear enough - when I create a new parameter, the "Dynamic" option isn't available, only the "Static" option. My question is - why wouldn't the "Dynamic" option be available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jess,

If you are using Crystal Reports XI standard edition then

please note that Crystal Reports XI standard edition do not support Dynamic parameter option. This option is only available in later version of Crystal Reports like (Professional, Developer).

Regards,

Raghavendra

Answers (0)