cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization options for source system (message_type_x)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

My R3 source system is just connected to my BI, after the upgrade of R3. Now i saw in RSA7, all entries in RED. So i have deleted them manually in RSA7.

Now, in RSA1, I wanted to run the Init delta IPAKs for all those deleted datasources, when i open the IPAK to run, its giving me MESSAGE_TYPE_X dump. So i cant go to the menu --> scheduler --> initialisation options for IPAK.

I think i should have deleted from here than in RSA7 in R3. But now i cant even open the IPAK. The module name in the dump is RSM1_CHECK_FOR_DELTAUPD.

How can i resolve this issue ? Do i have to replicate the datasource in RSA1 as Source system is upgraded ( we actually replicated all metadata by rt clicking the source system).

Any help pls ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Go to SE16. Look at RSSDLINIT table. Match up the LOGSYS with your OLTPSOURCE (for the infopackage that is causing the problem).

Delete that line(s)

Now you can open the infopackage. (be sure to delete the initialization) before you run the info pack again.)

Try that,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi & Shikha goel for very useful links.

I ran the report and it brought both R3 and BI systems inits in sync and got entries in RSA7 table.

Assigning the points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this link ..

reagrds,

shikha