cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control deplomyent order of DCs in an SC for dependencies ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two DCs in one SC: DC A is a J2EE application that depends on DC which is a J2EE library. I have deployed them separately to our development portal and everything works well.

I then checked it into the NWDI, built the SC as an SDA and tried to deploy it to our QA portal.

This deployment has failed and according to the log file it first tried to deploy DC A, this has ended with the following error: "Application <app> cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to DC B". Only then it deployed DC B successfully.

My question is: How come the deployment process does not take into account dependencies when deploying? Is there a way to control the deployment process and avoid this error?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found the problem: Need to add deploy time dependency.

This note can be useful to understand the options:

Note 798872 - NWDI: Development Component Dependencies

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

The deployment tool always take care of these things. . and if this deployment has failed, then there must be some problem in your library DC.

check wheather your EJB is working or not.

After the deployment everything works fine.

if possible why dont you download that SCA from NWDi, and try to deploy on other server. using remote gui, there you will be able to see how deployment tool pick up the dependecies first to deploy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shenal,

There is nothing wrong with my DCs. Like I said, if I deploy them manually, first the library then the application, everything works well - build, deployment and run. Only when I deploy it as an SCA it tries to deploy the app first.

Roy